The City Clerk maintains vital records, issues business certificates, licenses dogs, conducts the annual census, and along with the Board of Registrars conducts all state and local elections. The City Clerk is also Clerk to the City Council and the Parking Clerk.

Marriage Licenses / Justice of the Peace

Couples applying for a marriage license must apply in person at the City Clerk's Office. The City Clerk's Office has a Justice of the Peace for those who wish to get married after obtaining the license. Learn more and read through our frequently asked questions on our Marriage Licenses page.

Vital Records Requests

You may obtain copies of births, deaths and marriages that have occurred in Amesbury by ordering online, by mailing a written request, or by coming to the City Clerk's Office. For more information, including the Vital Information Request form, visit our Vital Records page.

Election Information

To view up to date information about elections held in Amesbury, you can visit our full Elections page. Amesbury's polling location for the entire City is Amesbury High School, 5 Highland Street. Ballot information, election results, and other updates are posted on the Elections page as soon as they are available.